Monday 11 January 2010

My Complaint About The Bible


It is not my intention to offend anybody with this post. Click the title link to find out how this letter was generated.

I want to share some facts with you. These are hidden truths that affect us all. Although my approach may appear a bit pedantic, by setting some generative point of view against a structural-taxonomical point of view or vice versa, I intend to argue that when I first became aware of The Bible's covert invasion into our thought processes, all I could think was how prolix fault-finders serve as the priests in The Bible's cult of bestial, mad jingoism. These "priests" spend their days basking in The Bible's reflected glory, pausing only when The Bible instructs them to preach fear and ignorance. What could be more insidious? It's an interesting question and its examination will help us understand how The Bible's policies work. Let me start by providing evidence that The Bible's neurotic put-downs can be quite educational. By studying them, students can observe firsthand the consequences of having an organization consumed with paranoia, fear, hatred, and ignorance.
One could imagine that some good might come from letting The Bible remake the world to suit its own morally questionable needs. But the only one whose imagination is vivid enough is The Bible. For the purpose of this discussion, let's say that I and The Bible part company when it comes to the issue of statism. It feels that its activities are on the up-and-up while I assert that whenever there's an argument about its devotion to principles and to freedom, all one has to do is point out that it makes it a point to take control of a nation and suck it dry. That should settle the argument pretty quickly.
If I thought that The Bible's fulminations had even a snowball's chance in Hell of doing anything good for anyone, then I wouldn't be so critical. As they stand, however, I can conclude only that perhaps one day we will live in a world where good people are not troubled by fear of damnable slackers. Until that day arrives, however, we must spread the word that The Bible has a knack for convincing lecherous crumbums that without its superior guidance, we will go nowhere. That's called marketing. The underlying trick is to use sesquipedalian terms like "intercrystallization" and "superincomprehensibleness" to keep its sales pitch from sounding peevish. That's why you really have to look hard to see that The Bible's insults are a load of bunk. I use this delightfully pejorative term, "bunk"—an alternative from the same page of my criminal-slang lexicon would serve just as well—because The Bible can't possibly believe that the rules don't apply to it. It's worthless but it's not that worthless. Sorry for going on for so long about The Bible. I guess I just have a burr under my saddle from seeing The Bible conduct business in a power-drunk, obstinate way.
==========================================
Why do you have a complaint about my company on your Web page?
================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments/questions are welcome however
You must be a registered user to comment here.